Terms & Conditions
- All goods advertised on the site are subject to availability. If an item that you wish to order is unavailable, we shall inform you by telephone or e-mail.
- We shall not charge you for goods that we cannot supply. However we will not be responsible for any losses or damage that may occur if we fail to supply goods.
- We have made every effort to display all the goods on the website as accurately and fairly as possible. If there is any product not listed please let us know and we will endeavour to source it for you.
- We will meet our responsibilities under this contract within a reasonable time unless it is impossible to do so because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control; in particular we will not be responsible for delays caused by our suppliers.
Conditions of Sale
- You confirm that you are aged over 16 years of age and are legally able to purchase prescription spectacles from iOptix.
- You confirm that you are not registered blind or partially sighted.
- You agree to make purchases on the iOptix website using your correct name, address, date of birth and any other details requested.
- All prescriptions that you supply to us must have been given to you by a registered medical practitioner optician and dated within the last two years.
- All products and prices displayed on the website are single vision. If you require varifocals/bifocals please call us on 0115 8290170 and speak to one of our experts as not all products are suitable for this type of lens.
- When ordering from us, we shall rely upon the prescription provided by you. You are responsible for entering the prescription information and PD (pupillary distance) measurement as requested. No liability is accepted by iOptix for any mistake made by you in providing your prescription or PD measurement.
- Where no PD is supplied we will use an average PD based on head size and gender, when applicable we take no responsibility for any visual problems you may encounter from this.
- If you are in any doubt about any of the information do not enter it. Leave the prescription area clear and call us on 0115 8290170, and then you can fax or email us a copy of your prescription using our contact information.
- Prices displayed on our website are correct at time of display. We reserve the right to alter prices from time to time without notice. However, once your order has been accepted, we will not change the price that applies without your agreement.
- All prices displayed are inclusive of UK VAT at the current standard rate. UK VAT is charged on all sales to customers located within the UK or within another member state of the European Community.
- Prices are fully inclusive of packaging and delivery by First Class Recorded Signed For Delivery within the UK.
- We accept payment by Visa/Mastercard/Maestro You can also use your google checkout and PayPal account.
- All credit and charge card payments are subject to validation and authorization by the card issuer. If your card issuer refuses to authorize payment, we will not be liable for any non-delivery or delay.
- All transactions are processed in GBP.
- All payment must be made in full before goods are dispatched.
- We will send you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. This is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from iOptix.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of the products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions below.
Non acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment
- The identification of a pricing or product description error
- You do not meet the eligibility to order criteria as set out in the rest of this document.
Delivery of goods
- Delivery will be by Royal Mail First Class Recorded Signed For.
- All items will be delivered to the address specified by the customer on the order form.
- Each of the items delivered will include written confirmation of the prescription of the goods. If the prescription stated does not match the prescription ordered, please contact us to inform us of the problem and do not use the goods.
- Upon delivery of goods you should carefully inspect them. If any of the goods are damaged or lost, please contact us immediately to inform us of the problem and do not use the goods.
- All items will be delivered as quickly as possible and within 28 days. However we cannot guarantee that goods will be delivered by the estimated delivery date. You agree that we shall not be liable to you for any losses, damages or charges incurred by you because of the late delivery of goods.
- You should notify us immediately if you have not received your goods within 21 days.
- When you have received the goods at the specified address, the risk of damage to the goods is passed to you.
- It is our aim to ensure that you are completely satisfied with the goods that you receive from us. Nonetheless, under the Customer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 customers have a 7 working day cooling off period. Therefore, for whatever reason, if you are not completely satisfied with the goods that you have purchased you have the right to a full refund, alteration or replacement. This cancellation right starts the day the contract is concluded and lasts until 7 working days after delivery.
- This government regulation excludes goods made to customers specifications or goods that are personalized, such as prescription orders. However, on top of our legal requirements we will refund the value of the frame, providing that it is in original condition and complete with case and cleaning cloth. Unfortunately we cannot refund the value of the lens made to your prescription.
- In addition to the legal rights outlined above, for non-prescription products only, we will offer a full refund or exchange for up to 28 days after delivery.
- Please telephone us on 0115 8290170 or email us at email@example.com to advise us that you intend to return the goods and follow the instructions given. This will normally involve dispatching the goods to us by Recorded Delivery. We do not pay for any postage costs incurred on returns.
- The risk of damage to any goods returned to us will remain with you until they have been delivered and accepted by us at our premises.
- Prescription inserts for ski goggles are coated with Anti-fog spray before despatch. They are, however, liable to 'fogging' because of the extreme conditions of use. Therefore, continued application of anti-fog spray is required, and refunds cannot be issued after use on grounds of 'fogging'.
- Goods purchased from our website are subject to English Law.
- None of the conditions set out in these terms and conditions shall affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- Individual goods may be the subject of additional guarantees or warranties given by their manufacturers to you.
- We shall not accept any liability for any ordering errors made by you when submitting your order. Please ensure that all details are correct before submitting your order.
- We do not accept responsibility and will not be liable for any damage to the goods caused by you.
- We shall not be liable to any person for any damage or loss that may arise from the use of any goods advertised on our website.
- Nothing in these terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury where they result from our negligence or the negligence of our servants and agents in the course of their duty.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Offer you free services/content (thanks to advertising)
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
- You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
Website Function Cookies
- Making our shopping basket and checkout work
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
- There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Visitor Statistics Cookies
We use: Google Analytics
Cookies are widely used in online advertising. Neither us, advertisers or our advertising partners can gain personally identifiable information from these cookies.
You can learn more about online advertising at http://www.youronlinechoices.com . You can opt-out of almost all advertising cookies at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices although we would prefer that you didn't as ultimately adverts help keep much of the internet free. It is also worth noting that opting out of advertising cookies will not mean you won't see adverts, just simply that they won't be tailored to you any longer.